Saturday, August 31, 2013

Maquillage BLVD Review

Hey everyone! Today I have some great polishes to show you, that were sent to me to review.

Maquillage BLVD is a new indie brand that makes basic color creme polishes. I was sent four polishes from their line to review. I took photos both with my digital camera, which doesn't like to cooperate a lot of the time, and also with the camera on my smartphone. So let's get to it!

The first polish I have up to show you guys is called Yield. In the bottle, this appears as a bright neon yellow, and it appeared the same when I applied it on the nail. For this polish, it was super streaky and thin and was hard to apply, but I love the neon aspects of this one. Since I had those issues with the polish, it took around 4 coats for full coverage. Some streaks are still quite visible. This photo is the only one taken with my digital camera.


The next polish I have to show you is called Gimmie my Money. This is the polish that was the toughest for me to photograph. For some reason, both my digital camera and my smartphone camera wouldn't get the color true to what it appeared, and also the photos just never wanted to be 100% clear, so this is the best I could get, sorry! This appears to be a close to neon green in the bottle, but on the nail, it's a little closer to a pine needles type of green. I applied three to four coats and there is still streakiness.


The third polish I have to show you from Maquillage BLVD is called Coffee, Tea, or Me. This one applied the best, it only required one coat. This is just what the name suggests, a coffee colored, caramel-esque brown polish.


The last one that I have to show you is called Angelic Dreams. This is a pretty light blue polish, and my favorite of the bunch. This required around two to three coats. There was a little streakiness, but it wasn't too bad.



Maquillage BLVD polishes can be purchased in their Etsy store. Each polish costs $10.00 each, and they have 16 colors to choose from!

That's all I have for you guys today. I hope you enjoyed my review! Talk to you guys later, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment