Monday, March 7, 2016

Polish Comparison: Purple-Brown-Green Duochromes

*Products My Own

Hey guys!

I am back today, first post of March. Sorry it is a little late into the month, just haven't felt like posting and busy with work and being lazy. Well, might as well be honest.

I decided for my first post of the month, I would use some polishes I haven't touched yet or touched in a while, and compare them. I just recently got this China Glaze, which I am about to show you guys, in a swap and I wanted to try it out. This inspired me to find other polishes of mine that have a similar finish and look and compare and see how close they are.

I picked purple-brown-green duochromes to show you guys comparisons of. That is the best description of the color that I can say, with the main color being purple.

Let's just get right to it.

The first one that I have up to show you is China Glaze, in No Plain Jane. This one comes in a bottle with a silver top. Not sure what is the difference between their polishes that come with black tops and ones that come with silver tops. If you do, let me know. This one, in the swatch it is hard to see a shift in the color, but the bottle shows it.


Next up, this one is one I've swatched twice before, but it really looked at lot like No Plain Jane so I had to do it again. This is Nicole by OPI in Iris My Case. This one is also very purple, but you can see a little green-brown in it. This is a little brighter of a purple.


Last up, this one is OPI's Kermit Me to Speak. This one looked like it would be similar in the bottle, just a little lighter purple and more brown and green. I was wrong. This one is nothing like the other two. It is more of a light brown pink.


Application on the first two was great, I had no issues. The OPI was a little thin and runny, after three coats it was still a little thin and sheer, but I didn't want to put another coat. I say each one of these is different, especially the OPI. Even the China Glaze and NOPI are not dupes, so I say if you like all of them, get them all!

All polishes retail for $8-$10. China Glaze, as far as I know, is sold in salons, Sally Beauty, and Ulta. OPI sells in salons, Sally Beauty, Ulta, CVS, and Walmart. NOPI, as far as I know, is sold in Kmart, among other places.

Well, that's all I have for you guys for now. I will talk to you all later, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment