Friday, October 11, 2013

Rainbow Honey: The Final Battle Swatches and Review

Hey guys, today I am back with a great review to show you, from the fabulous Rainbow Honey.

Now, before I even swatched the polishes, the presentation of how they sent it to me was fabulous. Came in a square box, polishes wrapped in plastic over confetti strips, and it came with a two page catalog of the entire collection.


Isn't that just so cute and pretty, taking pride in adorable packaging! Now to talk about the collection, which is nicely written out for me in the catalog.

"The Final Battle brings us 15 shades inspired by Square Enix's Final Fantasy VII. Often touted as "the game that sold the Playstation," FFVII was a long and grueling gaming experience full of heavy thematic elements and strife. The game touches on eco-terrorism, over-industrialization, and the expectations and challenges we battle over the course of life."

"With a cast as varied as the enemies they encounter, there was no shortage of inspiration here!"

"Part 1, The Battle, plays off some of the main elements of the game: the heroes and the ultimate face-off between the Planet's Lifestream and the Meteor; Phoenix Down is a nod to the recurring battle item throughout the Final Fantasy series. Part II, The Summons, depicts five of the attacks used by the beasts and monsters summoned in the game - a crucial part of any important battle! Finally, Part III takes it's name from The Weapons created by the Planet as a form of self-defense. These bio-mechanical monsters were massive and powerful and I have taken the chance to create a durable and colorful interpretation of each one. They are smooth, shine bright with metallic shimmer, and make a great base for the many glitters in this collection."

Now that all you know the inspiration behind this collection by Rainbow Honey, let's get to the swatches. Here are previews of them before I show you larger swatches and explain each one:


The first one I have up to show you is called Soldier, from Part I. Rainbow Honey describes this polish as "a glitter topper full of the pewters and mythril equipped by these elite warriors". I decided to show this polish alone, so I did three coats for this swatch. There was no application problems, it acted like any other glitter topper. Not a huge fan of this coolor, but I am just not a fan of silvery polishes to begin with.


Next up is Tera Flare, from Part II. This is described as "a strong violet flash hides in a blackened base beaning with holograhic teal, blue, and silver glitters". I did two coats for the swatches. While I have seen this color before, I still love it. I love the bits of color coming through the black base.


The last one is called Diamond Weapon, from Part III. This is described as "a charcoal gray with gold and silver shimmer". I did three coats. Not loving this color, since I am a bright color person, so not impressed, but I understand this is not meant to be a bright color collection.


This collection consists of 15 polishes, each polish costing $10. 

Well, that's all I have for you guys today. I hope you enjoyed the post, talk to you guys later! Bye!

1 comment:

  1. I have sapphire weapon,tidal wave,meteor. Love rainbow honey.

    ReplyDelete